Regularly Meeting Clubs
On a weekday evening, after all school related activities have ended, at the same time and place each week these are held. It is a place for christian high-schoolers, and even non-christian high-schoolers to gather.
Our hi-b.a. staff members lead the club, with students singing praises, listening to bible messages, and chatting with friends and leaders.
Although there are many factors to the learning, it is never stiff-mannered or too formal, but an “at-home” relaxing environment. There are many students who attend the clubs who would confidently say “I feel at ease when I come to Club.”
* There are determined breaks in the schedule each school semester, so please check the page for each area’s Clubs to find times and locations.
Twice a month, typically on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, our special events entitled “Joyful Saturdays” are held.
Various genres of activities are planned, ranging from evangelism-focused outreach events like our “Ice Cream Parties”, to events that focus on the study of a specific topic that is crucial to our training in the faith, such as “World Missions” where we will invite a missionary from the field to speak, or a seminar on “Dating and Relationships”, etc.
During the school vacations each Summer, Winter, and Spring, our big focus is on Camp! We conduct camps specifically designed with the desire to further the efforts of high-schooler evangelism, as well as to enhance training and growth in the faith of current believers.
Living under the same roof, students enjoy discussion time with one another, giving their all in physical activities and times of play, and contemplating the teachings of the Word…
Here, many students experience something truly valuable and irreplaceable.Our Kanto camps are held at the hi-b.a. Campground located near the beaches of Kujukuri, Chiba. Camps are also held in several other locations around Japan. For more details, please check our camp page.
Ⅰ．Trust in God
Trusting in God is a blessing hi-b.a. has received from the Lord. Thus hi-b,a, holds trusting in God as that of the highest value, and is dedicated to this practice. The nurturing of trust in God is regarded in the same way. All decision making made by hi-b.a. is born from a reliance in God, and is a testimony of our love to the Lord. hi-b.a.’s continued trust in God is born out of prayer, and is realized by obeying the scriptures.(Proverbs 3:5-6)
hi-b.a. values our staff and their families, alumni and supporters, as well as high school students. hi-b.a. joyfully serves with intercession, encouragement, aid, admonishment, and forgiveness towards the goal that all people would be made like Christ.(Matthew 7:12)
Ⅲ．High School Student Evangelism as Mission
“High School Student Evangelism by High School Students” is the motto of hi-b.a. and we love, serve, and focus directly on the evangelism of high school students and all youth of their generation.We understand high school student evangelism as telling them about salvation in Jesus Christ, and training them to be witnesses for the Lord Jesus, and contributing to the promotion of world missions and the advancement of the Kingdom of God.(Psalm 71:17-18)
IV. Serve the Church
hi-b.a. is a non-denominational evangelism organization which built upon an evangelical biblical faith. We do not aim to become a church, nor to create churches.hi-b.a. is not an organization with the goal of commercial gain, but the foundation of our work is set in the prayers and support of local churches.Additionally, we exist to serve and partner with the local church.(Ephesians 4:16)
hi-b.a. Core Values
1.Tell all high school students about Jesus Christ.
2.Encourage evangelism of high school students by high school students.
3.Communicate the Gospel in a way that is understandable to high school students.
4.Encourage carrying the Bible at all times.
5.Make the study of God’s word the main focus.
6.Encourage serving in the church.
7.Cultivate a heart for world evangelism.
8.Provide a place where Christ is the center.
9.Value cooperation with the local church.
10.Value the connections provided.
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
Declaration of Faith
- The writings of both the New and Old Testament (all 66 books) are inspired by the Holy Spirit, and in their original forms are without error, being our one absolute standard for faith, life, and work.
- The one and eternal God exists as the trinity: Father, Son, and Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary, through the Holy Spirit, being truly God and wholly man.
- God is the Creator, creating all things, and has created man in His own image.
- Man having fallen into sin has incurred both physical, and spiritual death upon themselves. Because of this, every person is born into sin, possessing a sinful nature.
- The Lord Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross a substitutionary death for the redemption of all mankind, and all who believe in him shall be cleansed by his blood spilt, and made righteous.
- The Lord Jesus Christ rose from the grave in bodily life, ascended into Heaven, and as our Great High Priest, currently intercedes for us.
- The Lord Jesus Christ could at any moment come again in visible glory; the second coming.
- All those who accept the Lord Jesus Christ in faith are born again through the spirit as children of God, by the grace of God.
- Both the redeemed and the unredeemed shall be resurrected in a bodily manner. Those saved shall enter into unlimited blessings, and the lost shall enter into eternal punishment.
- The command to “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” is both a privilege, and a responsibility, given to each and every believer.
- The church is the gathering of regenerate believers, and with Christ as the head, under the authority of leaders established by God, exists to worship and serve God.